While visiting a natural food shop recently, a friend encouraged me to ask the herbalist for vertigo remedies. I was not convinced that an herbal supplement would stop the spinning, but I asked or maybe she asked - I can't remember now. The man stepped around the counter while asking a few questions like "What is your blood type? Does one side seem more affected than the other side? and "Do you mind if I touch your neck?"
You might think that I would find it odd that he asked to touch my neck, but actually, at that moment, I knew this man could help me. You see, I'd visited my family phyisican, then my physical therapist, then my ENT and during my visits, I told each of them - "When I touch my neck, my head starts spinning. Do you think it is related?" They each said, "Probably not." and advised me to continue to deal with the problem as if it were my inner ear.
So when this stranger asked to touch my neck, I knew he would be the key. He went directly to my point of aggravation and my knees went limp as my brain began to spin and I reached out to grab someone/ anyone for support. "It's your C2" he said as he watched my response. "You need to see a chiropractor."
I did as instructed and as soon as my neck was popped for the first time the dizziness dissolved into nothing. In the weeks following, my chiropractor has determined that the vertigo was merely a symptom of a twisted aggravated spine and neck. Not only have the dizzy spells abated, but so have the chronic pains I've lived with in my shoulder and neck since I was 19 years old.
In life, I always try to find the lesson - but I'm struggling a bit with this one. Is it - Ask every person you see to help you b/c the answer isn't where you expect it. - or - Don't trust your doctor.- or -17 years of unnecessary pain will really make you appreciate not being in pain.
I think it might be. If one leg is shorter than the other and you have chronic pain - go to a chiropractor.
PS - Both my legs are the same length now.
Headshots
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment