The Pajama Program provides sleepwear for kids in foster homes, orphanages, and shelters. The program was started in NJ by a woman who realized that kids went to bed in the same clothes that they wore during the day. After Katrina, a PJ program started in NOLA. Last week, I went to a Pajama Jam party - adults in jammies giving pjs to children in need. The Pajama Program's goal is to give pajamas to 5000 kids in NOLA this winter.
The kids who receive pajamas also get a book. The books were provided by another organization that I've been volunteering with First Book-Greater New Orleans. Also, a national organization with chapters or branches throughout the country.
I've been so impressed by the various organizations that exist in this city to provide for those who are struggling to get by. So much has been done. So much still to do.....
Headshots
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment