A previous student, Salisu, emailed me this week. He asked about my life and I brought him up to speed. His question to me was "Why are you are working at the University again? I thought you returned to Florida to follow your dream." "My dream?" I wondered to myself. What was my dream?
Isn't it- wasn't it - hasn't it always been - to explore, to learn, to teach, to eat, to share, to laugh, to love, to be loved, to play, to give, to take, to hope, to win, to fail, to always always keep keeping on????
What I know about me and what I guess I failed to explain clearly to my dear friend is that my dream is always to dream bigger, to do more - differently, each time than what I've done before.
This, unfortunately, isn't measurable and doesn't fit into a five year plan.
My dream is to move forward, to know more people, to have more experiences, to make a small difference in the world every single day.
I figure, if I'm going to dream - why not dream big?
Headshots
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment