Monday, April 12, 2010

takes a lickin' keeps on tickin'

Lost my timex while living on the boat last week. I took my running watch to use for gardening duties (not sure why I thought I needed to know the time, but it seemed the thing to do.) At some point, I took it off while on the boat on Saturday - then couldn't find it again while packing to leave on Sunday. Everything was tucked away and tidy - none of my toiletries or clothes or papers were littering any part of the boat - yet, no watch anywhere. I gave up searching, had my breakfast, read the newspaper, drank a cup of coffee with James, forgetting about my missing item. After breakfast, James handed me my very hot, very wet watch. He looked at me, looked at the coffee pot, looked at me again, shrugged and smiled. Apparently, my timex spent the night in the water hold of the coffee pot and - in the dark of the morning, James made coffee without ever realizing there was a watch inside.....

No comments: