-The Carpet World building which is directly across the street from my office building burned down yesterday. http://www.wdsu.com/slideshow/news/18596157/detail.html It started at 4 am. I arrived at 8am to the insanity of firetrucks and road blocks. After finding a different parking spot (mine was being occupied by debris falling from the burning building), I made it inside my building looking for an explanation and was met with a smokey building and employees who by and large seemed indifferent to it. Classes weren't canceled - business as usual, we were told.
After an hour of trying to convince others to do the same, I packed up my laptop and went home to work from there. Today Carpet World is nothing but a pile of rubble.


-James is doing professional development today, which means there are no kids at school. He seems glad about the no kids part, but didn't seem ready to be developed professionally when he left this morning. I think he'd just prefer the day off.
-My boss is on leave in Norway and so I'm flying solo this month - maybe all semester. It is hard to say at this point.

1 comment:
Wow! It's always something in New Orleans. Good thing you left...carpet fumes are highly toxic. Now that's a cheery thought!
Post a Comment