
I was hopeful that the grits had worked, because I hadn't seen Minnie in a few days. But I wasn't surprised when I saw Minnie or a Minnie look-a-like scurry out from behind the microwave across the counter and into the hood of the stove - all while I was making a pot of chili. Minnie obviously has no fear of me nor of heat, so I guess we are going to have to step up our efforts to remove her.
Most likely, the little mercenary at James' school, won't be available to hang out in the kitchen waiting to slap a mouse, so I've been looking into traditional traps. I figure if the mouse has to die, it should be a quick death, not the slow, miserable kind that comes with poison or sticky feet or grits.... And the neighborhood stray cats are fed so well by our shotgun-double housemates that I doubt they'll leave the comfort of their flannel-lined porch box to chase a living food source. James is opposed to investing any financial resources toward the mouse's demise, but I don't see another way. Suggestions?

1 comment:
The sticky paper trap is horrifying; mouse gets caught and screams unbearably. Quick death better though it's awful when you hear trap springing from other room--and then someone as to pull it apart, etc. I had mice in my San Francisco apartment, it was a nightmare as they tend to multiply quickly.
Post a Comment