Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Blah

Today - teaching to a class that was 1/3 absent, 1/3 high, and 1/3 asleep (whether their eyes were closed or open - they were sleeping).

I felt my mouth moving - I heard words come out - I knew I was present in the room; however, I did not feel in control of any part of the experience. Iwas an on-looker in a Ferris Bueller movie and I was the teacher that every student wanted to escape. Book in one hand chalk in the other - I looked into a sea of blank faces.

Blah Blah Blah, I said, looking around. Blah, blah, blah, blah.

Excellent.....

2 comments:

Spankye said...

ferris bueller is one of my favorite movies. i feel your pain though.

Anonymous said...

My condolences for the loss of a possible good day at the office. In some ways, I guess you can never really be in control of everything in a classroom?